UUFF Covenant of Right Relations
Passed by congregation 9-23-12
As members of the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Fayetteville, we commit the following to one another and to our faith community:
We work toward supporting UUFF’s vitality and growth. We will:
- Give generously of ourselves and our resources and inspire others to do the same.
- Continue to offer these resources through both good and bad times.
- Follow-through on the commitments that we make to one another to the best of our abilities.
We work toward upholding our values. We will:
- Respect our differences and celebrate the diversity within our congregation. Our diversity enriches who we are as a faith community.
- Care for each other in times of need.
- Demonstrate hospitality and goodwill toward one another by welcoming, accepting and being friendly to all who come through our doors.
- Aspire to follow environmentally friendly practices while at UUFF.
We work toward open, honest and respectful communication. We will:
- Assume best intentions on the part of others in our faith community.
- Communicate with each other respectfully, honestly and with an open heart.
- Speak from our own truths and observations.
- Accept that conflict will occur and accept responsibility to work constructively toward mutual resolution, seeking help when we are unable to do so.
- Strive to communicate directly to one another without contributing to gossip and encourage others to do the same.
We work to make effective decisions as a community. We will:
- Work toward consensus and practice a democratic process for decision-making.
- Support the decisions made by our elected leaders and minister, seeking first to understand outcomes in recognition that we all want what is best for UUFF.
and We Will:
Gently and with civility, call each other back into covenant when necessary.
Version 4.0 BPE 7.19.12