As members of the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Fayetteville, we commit the following to one another and to our faith community:
We work toward supporting UUFF’s vitality and growth. We will:
• Give generously of ourselves and our resources and inspire others to do the same.
• Continue to offer these resources through both good and bad times.
• Follow-through on the commitments that we make to one another to the best of our abilities.
We work toward upholding our values. We will:
• Respect our differences and celebrate the diversity within our congregation. Our diversity enriches who we are a faith community.
• Care for each other in times of need.
• Demonstrate hospitality and goodwill toward one another by welcoming, accepting, and being friendly to all who come through our doors.
• Aspire to follow environmentally friendly practices.
We work toward open, honest and respectful communication. We will:
• Assume best intentions on the part of others in our faith community.
• Communicate with each other respectfully, honestly and with an open heart.
• Speak from our own truths and observations.
• Accept that conflict will occur and accept responsibility to work constructively toward mutual resolution, seeking help when we are unable to do so.
• Strive to communicate directly to one another without contributing to gossip and encourage others to do the same.
We work to make effective decisions as a community. We will:
• Work toward consensus and practice a democratic process for decision-making.
• Support the decisions made by our elected leaders and minister, seeking first to understand outcomes in recognition that we all want what is best for UUFF.
and We will:
Gently and with civility, call each other back into covenant when necessary.
Version 4.0 BPE 7.19.12
Approved by membership vote 9.23.12