Saturday, October 6, 2012
Doors open & bidder registration: 5:30pm
Silent auction begins at 5:30pm
Live auction begins at 6pm
The auction is an annual fundraising initiative of UUFF to support its programs and ministry. Members and friends contribute items for a silent and a live auction. Everyone is invited to bring their friends and neighbors to the auction, where you never know what you’ll find.
The theme this year is “Cornucopia”. Donate in abundance! Come with exuberance! Purchase the bounty! There will be plenty! Enjoy the richness of an evening of FUNdraising & fellowship!
What might you contribute? What might you bid on? Here are a few ideas:
- Dinner for 8, 10 or more – the theme’s the limit!
- A party – Tailgating; Wine Tasting; Pool/Float; Super Bowl; Oscar Watch
- Entertaining education – Readers’ Theatre; Poetry Reading; Book or Film Discussion; Crafts; Lessons (music, cooking, knitting, sewing, gardening, golf, etc.)
- Girls’ or Dudes’ Night Out
- In-town trips to Crystal Bridges, kayaking, horseback riding, a guided tour of a local business or attraction (make it special by including lunch)
- Tickets to a theatre or music performance or Razorback sports
- Family Friendly – Babysitting; Intergenerational; Game Night
- Celebrity lunch – know a local celebrity who would be willing have lunch with the highest bidder? Maybe an author, an elected official, former or current Razorback or media personality?
- Theme baskets – Holiday; Gardening; Learn to (include a lesson & supplies); Coffee Lover; International Beers; Date Night; Chocolate; Cooking; Baking; Spa at Home
- Item donated by a business or a gift certificate
Please submit a donation form by September 22. The catalog will be ready on September 29. Forms are available at UUFF or via email to email@example.com or an Auction Team member.
Need child care for the event? Please notify Fawn at firstname.lastname@example.org or an Auction Team member by September 22 to be sure we have enough care-givers. Remember to include the child(ren)’s age(s).
Help needed for set up on 10/5 and 10/6 and clean up afterwards. To sign up or for questions, contact the 2012 Auction Team: Carol Olson, email@example.com (479.531.5709) or Shawna Thorup, firstname.lastname@example.org (479.445.7200).